Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the hours for the Service Department?
Service calls are answered 24/7.
- How do I know if a ticket is valid?
Check the location header, time & date on the ticket. Always ask for an ID especially for large amounts. If you are ever in doubt, call the Service Department.
- What can be used to clean the screens?
A damp rag or denatured alcohol. NEVER APPLY A SOLUTION DIRECTLY TO THE SCREEN. Apply it to the rag you are using to clean the screen.
- When do winning tickets need to be paid?
Tickets must be paid at the time they are turned in for payment. There is no time limit or expiration on a winning ticket. If you have any doubts call the Service Department.
- How do I figure out my commission?
Net less state tax times your commission percentage.
- How and when do I get 1099 information?
It will be mailed by January 31st of the following year. If you do not receive it by then, call and we can either mail, email, or fax a duplicate copy to you.
- Why did I receive a 1099 for my video poker or amusement revenue?
It is required by law that we send one out to anyone that receives revenue of $600 or more a year in revenue.
- What does it mean when my video poker commission is negative?
The machine paid out more than it took in.
- How much does the state collect? And do I need to pay it?
3 machine locations pay 26% in state taxes, Truck Stops pay 32.5% in state taxes. This is automatically deducted from our account and does not need to be paid by the location.
- How do I request accounting information?
Contact the accounting department by phone or by e-mail.
- Do I have to sell alcohol to have video poker?
YES, you must have a State alcohol permit, either Class – A General -18 Years and Older, On Premise Consumption Only or Class – A Restaurant Permit.
- How old must a worker be to be able to pay a winning ticket?
18 years old. You can own a business at 18 so you can pay a winning ticket at 18, you just are not allowed to play the machines until you are 21.
- How long will it take to get my video poker permit?
According to the Gaming Website from the time the application is submitted it can take from 3-4 months for you to receive your permit.
- Do I need a partition around the video poker machines?
Partitions are only require in Establishments were mixed patronage (17 and under) are allowed. Machines cannot be visible to underage individuals. If you do not allow mixed patronage in your establishment you are not required to have a partition around the machines.
- Who has to meet suitability with the Gaming Division for our location to get permitted?
Includes but is not limited to each person who owns, has or controls, directly or indirectly, more than a 5% ownership, income or profit interest in the applicant; each officer, director, partner, manager, or managing member of the applicant; any trustee, settlor or beneficiary of a trust that owns, has or controls, directly or indirectly, more than a 5% interest in the applicant; any person who has the ability to exercise significant influence over the applicant; any person who receives more than a 5% revenue interest in any form, including, but not limited to, a consulting fee, commission, finder's fee, loan repayment, or any other business expense related to the gaming operation of the applicant; any person who receives or may receive a percentage of the gaming revenue from the applicant; and the spouse of an individual who owns, has or controls, directly or indirectly, more than a 5% ownership, income or profit interest in the applicant; also spouses of any person who receives or may receive more than 5% of the gaming revenue from the applicant.